Monday, September 28, 2009

Health & Wellness




I used to be a little bit chubby as a kid. I don't think I was ever meant to be to be honest, my frame is pretty small to begin with but my Mom's cooking was so good I developed a skill for 'speed eating' I could throw down seconds and thirds before that 'full feeling' kicked it. Needless today by middle school I had a bit of a tummy and didn't much like it. I started jumping around the house to music, my own version of aerobics and eating a little less.
By my sophomore year of High School I started weight training, and joined the wrestling team. To be honest if I could think of one significant moment in my high school career it was that. I learned about dedication, and hard work on a level I had never experienced before as I was mentored by men that had trained state and national champions. I actually got pretty good but decided to pursue my dreams in acting and modeling in stead of sports so by my junior year I was doing TV and left the wrestling mat for good. I did however get to take with me some of the lessons I learned and along the way I've picked up some new ones. Here's a few things I think might help anyone looking to feel their best.

1. Eating often. I truly believe giving your body smaller meals throughout the day really works. healthy snacks between meals can actually help keep your metabolism going, verses loading up on just one or two meals each day. Food is fuel and to keep your body burning calories having some fruit, nuts, or a snack bar to nibble on as you make it happen each day is really a smart move.

2. Hydration. Most people don't drink enough water. They are saying you may not need 8 glasses of water since we drink so many other liquid throughout the day. The problem with that theory is that we are often drinking coffee, or soda with caffeine and other factors that aren't maximizing your hydration. Not all liquids are created equal. A premium water is going to be your best source. It should be purified, re-mineralized, and if you can get an oxygen rich product with a goo Ph balance like Perfect Water you will be really set.

3. Weight Training. I personally see a lot of people skip this one when it could make all the difference in how they look and feel. I've seen people spend hours on the treadmill but they never pick up a weight. I get it, you have to struggle and strain when you lift weights, and you will probably look silly doing it when you start (I know I did) but you can't train your body to be better doing the same things over and over. Pushing yourself and your body is a huge part of success. I'll blog more about this subject I am still learning a lot in this area. I work out different muscle groups each day I work out in the gym and try to really push myself, all I can say is I've seen some good improvements and I am probably in the best shape of my life.

4. Cardio. Okay I will be honest, I am not the biggest fan of cardio but it is very important to get your heart rate up. It helps you burn fat and stay fit on many levels so... yippee! I do like it when my endorphins kick it, but before that I am probably not smiling too much. I do treadmill, lower impact on my joints but still a good run even though personally I do like to hit the street. I do some bike, elliptical, and trying to swim more.

5. Supplements. I honestly am about natural and organic supps. Anyone that knows me knows I use Nutrilite Supplements because they are organic and a world leader in science and research. I also like the fact that I am not putting a lot of chemicals in my body. I may not grow as fast as some other lifters but I figure I'll end up looking better and living longer in the end. Just my theory. Six Favorites from Nutrilite: Double X (multi-vitamin & phytonutrient), Twist Tubes (liquid vitamins you add to water), Rhodiolla 110 (Pre-workout supplement), Nutrilite® Siberian EnerG (great energy boost), Nutrilite® Carb Blocker 2 (Block up to 500 calories per meal), Nutrilite® Slimmetry™ Dietary Supplement (helps with weight loss).
Of course each person's body is different but I've seen great results with these supps.


More on Health & Wellness to come....
coming up...
abs, workout tips, photos

No comments:

Post a Comment